Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tues 3 Feb

Had a relaxing night last night. Had the computer off by about 9.30pm and watched the end of The Devil Wears Prada with Rob.

Got a tub of choc Metabolic Drive protein powder with my Biotest delivery yesterday. Haven't had it for ages and wanted to see if my tummy was OK with it. No problems with it this morning, but after having mostly pea protein for the last four weeks it was soooo sweet! Think I am slowly losing my sweet tooth by not having sweet stuff all the time. Had a full scoop today but will probably just go back to having mostly pea protein with a little bit of the MD mixed in for sweetness and flavour.

Had a couple of interesting comments today. As I was leaving for the gym, Rob said 'you're definitely getting leaner'. So that was nice to hear. The gym I go to has a lot of men training there, and some of them aren't used to seeing women training to get bigger. When I was having my shake, one young guy said to me 'you're taking protein -that's funny!' When I asked him why, he said 'I've never seen a girl take protein before!'. LOL. My 'protein' was actually Surge, and after having it and grabbing a few things from the supermarket then heading home it was close to an hour after finishing it. I know that's about my limit before I have a blood sugar crash but thought I could slip in a shower before dinner. WRONG! By the time I got out of the shower and into the kitchen I had the shakes. I had the grapes I was going to have after dinner, and snacked on some of the veges I was cutting up, and that helped. Felt normal again after my chicken fried rice for dinner.

Today's summary
Sleep: 11pm-6am (7 hours) Seem to be developing a bit of a pattern here. I am going to sleep easily and waking up well, but I'd like to get more than 7 hours if I can. Will aim to be in bed by 10pm tonight.

Weight: 61.6

Lifestyle cardio: walk TJ to Rob's bus stop, then on to supermarket to get some chicken for lunch, then back home.

Recovery: yoga (30mins)

Exercise: lower body A. Might have to swap lower body to Monday and upper body to Tuesday, as the leg area was very busy today (had two groups of guys queued up to use the squat rack after me).

Recovery: hot/cold shower after training

Water: 3/3

Food: 6/6

Thought for the day: Slow progress is good progress (and usually lasts a lot longer than fast progress!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new pic and your thought for the day, very true, very true. :o)

ss2306 said...

Hey Charlotte

I love MD. It's a nice change from my usual pp. I have both the vanilla and chocolate and this morning had the chocolate in with my oats for a change. It was really nice.

Becca said...

That's so funny that a guy thought it was weird you were drinking a protein shake! It's totally 'normal' at my gym. LOL!

Raechelle said...

I can't believe there are still guys who would laugh at a girl drinking a protein shake-I live in a small town and don't enconter that kind of ignorance-sheesh!

Too bad about the shakes-but at least you know how to remedy it quick!