Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thurs 19 Feb

Sleep: 11pm-5.30am (6.5 hours) Had lots of thoughts buzzing around in my head before falling asleep, then woke early and still felt like my brain was busy.

Weight: don't know, don't care, sick of thinking about it.

Lifestyle cardio: walk TJ to park, and it was not a great start to the day. TJ got all excited when he saw two dogs coming our way, and I ended up getting jerked in a direction I wasn’t expecting, landing on the ground with a thump and impacting my shoulder as the heel of my hand hit the ground. Had a bit of a stiff neck afterwards, but it nothing bad enough to hamper my training.

Training: upper body B + 10 mins incline treadmill walk. Awesome workout. Had to press my feet really hard into the ground when doing incline DB press to stop my feet from shaking. Got spotted by two different people tonight and they both did a great job. I trained at 7pm and it was much nicer than the 5pm 'zoo' that I faced on Monday and Tuesday.

Recovery: hot/cold shower after training.

Water: 2.5/3

Food: 6/6

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey girl,

Catching up on your blog...great stuff here, as always.

Sorry about your shoulder...and the fact that it is affecting your sleep.

Hope you feel better..and love the weekly recap.

Jess

Charlotte Orr said...

Hey Jess, thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment, especially with everything that's going on with you at the moment!

Becca said...

Ugh! I hope your shoulder feels better soon. Shoulders is one of my favorite parts to train - that sucks. As for whey, I am taking min. of 2 scoops per day, sometimes 4 (one post work out shake, and other times I divvy up a scoop here with oats, a scoop there with something else). But typically I would say I don't take more than 3 scoops a day. I'm trying to eat more natural and whole foods...Thanks for the pointers, I will stick to it!

What do you think about a casien based whey? I had a sample of it the other day and it was DELISH, but more $ of course...