Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday 13 Feb

Friday the 13th - not unlucky for me - Rob and I had our first date on a black friday.
 
It's amazing how a good workout can really improve your mood. I was feeling pretty out of sorts for most of the day(again!) but Rob said I'd probably feel better after a workout and I agreed. There were heaps of guys training tonight. I reckon they were all out to get a pump before going out for the night. There were probably 2 girls training (me and someone else) and about 20 guys. Anyway, I hogged the smith machine and a bench to do reverse pushups supersetted with incline DB press. I knew there was someone else waiting to use the smith machine so I felt under a bit of pressure and didn't do much in the way of a warm-up sets (I'd done a dynamic warm-up though so wasn't cold). Went straight from my first set of reverse pushups into incline DB press with 45lb DBs (about 20.5kg DBs). Struggled to get the weight up on my own but once it was up I managed OK for 6 reps. I was shaking when I stood up! Next set I got a hand up with the weights and kept going on my own. I got to the fourth rep and felt someone hovering over me, then heard 'need a hand?'. I started to lower the weights for the fifth rep and didn't think I would get them up on my own so said 'yes please'. The last few times I've asked for a spot in the gym I've been a bit frustrated as I get too much help, but this guy was great. I really had to work for it. So of course I asked him to spot me for my next set. Hopefully he'll be around next time I'm training chest. Rob is a great spotter but we aren't often in the gym at the same time. Also did a few shoulder exercises and got an awesome pump. Wish I had my camera or phone with me to take a pic.
 
Anyway, here's how the rest of the day panned out:
 
Sleep: midnight to 7am (7 hours). Rob got home late and we stayed up talking.
 
Weight: 61.8
 
Lifestyle cardio: walk TJ to park. I really enjoy my morning walks.
 
Training: upper body B
 
Recovery: hot/cold shower after training
 
Water: 2/3
 
Food: 4/6
Off-plan meals:
Dinner = 2 small slices of Morrocan beef pizza on gluten-free base, 2 small slices of Medierranean lamb pizza on gluten-free base, 1 glass of organic red wine
Evening snack = choc protein powder, cottage cheese and peanut butter, all mixed together
 

No comments: