Thursday, February 19, 2009

Doing it for Fun





At Christmas time we held Rob's martial arts club's prizegiving here. A few people were interested in my competition experiences, and I got out the laptop to show them some pics. Since then I have been in the process of making up a little photo album so I have something that's easy to show people. I have kept all of my competitor numbers and most of the tickets from the shows I have entered, and they have gone in the album along with a favourite pic from each show. I was missing pics from the 2007 INBA Victorian Titles so I ordered them and they arrived today. What struck me (apart from how small and dorky I was) was how happy I looked. And that's important to me. It's a hobby and it should be enjoyable. Challenging but enjoyable.

1 comment:

Becca said...

That's right! If you're not having fun with it, is it worth it? I know I may not be getting a trophy at my first show, but I'm having a great time with the experience right now and can't wait till showtime.

A true smile always shows through in the pics, in my opinion. :)