Thursday, May 24, 2012

Painting Project

Wow, can’t believe it’s been about a month since I last posted!

Work has been keeping me busy, and in between I’ve been making plans for my new office. My current office is under the stairs, and it’s pretty cold and dark


I decided I wanted to move my office upstairs, where it’s lighter and warmer. The only problem? The room I want to use looked like a paint shop had exploded in it.

upstairs room before

There was a young girl in this room when we inspected the house before buying it, and it looked like she had been given free reign with the choice and application of paint. The wall around the window was dark purple (applied in swirls), the rest of the walls were pink, and the window trim was lilac. And she had definitely coloured outside the lines – no painter’s tape for this girl.

I had to sand back the purple swirl effect around the window, and sand the gloss off the window trim before I could even start painting. LOTs of undercoat was needed to cover up the purple paint and lilac trim.

I finally finished the painting earlier this week. The green skirting boards are staying for now, until we replace the green carpet

Ta da!

upstairs room after

Now I just have to furnish it!