Saturday, April 10, 2010

Measurement Day

This morning my weight was down a kilo since last Saturday. So that’s 2kg in 2 weeks. How did I do it? Involuntary portion control - my tummy started cramping every time I had more than a few mouthfuls of food. But while the scales are showing good news, the measurements are not. My ‘squishy bits’ (chest and waist) have increased since last weekend (hips are the same), while my shoulders and thighs (where I’m trying to put on muscle) have decreased. So it reads like I’ve put on fat and lost muscle. Nooooo! I haven’t been to the gym for nine days (stomach hasn’t been up to it) so hopefully things will reverse themselves once I go back.

Since eating the yoghurt yesterday my stomach has felt much better. Perhaps I just needed some good bacteria in there to sort things out?

Breakfast today was sprouted grain toast topped with refried kidney beans (Eden Organic brand – not very tasty), salsa and avocado, with a side of sautéed mushrooms:

 10April2010 003

For a snack I had some low-fat Greek yoghurt with grated apple, walnuts and cinnamon:

 10April2010 004

Lunch was an ‘almost’ Greek salad – romaine lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, red onion, diced tempeh, chickpeas and an olive-oil dressing:

10April2010 005 

I think tofu would have been much nicer in this salad – I’m not a big fan of tempeh but I had some in the fridge that needed using up.

Since the refried kidney beans I had at breakfast were pretty bland, I decided to try and disguise them in something for dinner. Enter the Mexi Pizza. I used the ‘Spicy Style’ version with the following ingredients:

  • Easy Bakers gluten-free baking mix to make the base
  • refried kidney beans
  • Old El Paso spicy bean salsa
  • Nando’s hot peri peri sauce
  • oregano, cumin, chilli powder, black pepper, garlic powder
  • low-fat cheddar
  • jalapenos
  • red pepper
  • onion

This got me sweating but it tasted sooooo good!

10April2010 009

For dessert I had a mixture containing chocolate protein powder, cocoa, cherries and walnuts:

10April2010 010

I love cherries.

No comments: