Monday, April 5, 2010

Coconut Oil

For breakfast this morning I had a smoothie made with berries, vanilla protein powder, rainbow chard and flax oil:

5April2010 006

plus a piece of sprouted grain toast spread with coconut oil:

5April2010 001

Coconut oil supposed to be a digestive-friendly compound - it has strong antiviral, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that help rid the body of toxins without interfering with the activity of friendly flora (source) - and I already had some in my pantry so thought I’d give it a go!

Since breakfast was quite small, I had a biggish snack composed of sprouted grain toast, avocado, tomato, cucumber and onion:

5April2010 002

(Late) lunch was a stir-fry with tofu, cabbage, onion, zucchini, celery and capsicum, cooked with sesame oil, chilli, tamari and garlic. I had mine with a little bit of brown rice and sprinkled some coriander and sesame seeds on top:

5April2010 003

For a snack I had a vanilla protein shake:

5April2010 004

and two mini caramel Easter eggs (x2)

5April2010 005

Think it’s probably the ‘cleanest’ Easter I’ve ever had!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

What is rainbow chard?
Happy easter! =)