Cooking, Renovations and Fun Stuff

Monday, April 12, 2010

Intuitive Eating

‘When the idea of “bad” food is discarded, it often removes the punishing cycle of restricting and gorging. Why? Because when we acknowledge that a food is available to us whenever we want, we can begin to select a variety of foods we enjoy and become the expert of our own body.’ Read more

---

This morning we took TJ for a quick walk down the bike track. When we got home I made my breakfast – a white corn tortilla filled with refried beans, heated and topped with salsa, with a side of carrot sticks:

12April2010 003

For a snack I had apple slices and peanut butter:

12April2010 001

Lunch was a salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, chickpeas, tofu and an olive-oil dressing:

12April2010 002

I made it to the gym today – yay! I only got to do two days of my new program before I got sick, so just started it again today.

After training my snack was a banana berry smoothie (banana, berries, raisins, rainbow chard, protein powder, cinnamon):

12April2010 004

Dinner was grilled chicken, grilled tomato, and corn and sweet-potato fritters:

12April2010 006

My eyes were bigger than my tummy – I couldn’t eat the second fritter, but Rob and Cleary were happy to share it!

My evening snack was protein powder, cocoa, cherries and walnuts (and a bit too much water):

12April2010 007

1 comment:

SoreButtCheeks Blog said...

reading this post has made me really hungry :-)