Friday, April 9, 2010

Butterfingers

Just wanted to point out an awesome article by Ryan Andrews on the Precision Nutrition site today: Be Your Own Nutrition Expert.

---

Got out for a walk with Rob and TJ this morning. Here’s TJ waiting to cross the road:

9April2010 001 

We bumped one of our neighbours and his dog in the park. ‘Say hello to my little friend’:

9April2010 002

When we got home I had porridge with soy milk, raisins and almonds for breakfast:

 9April2010 003

Mid-morning I went to get a snack out of the fridge. Yesterday’s leftover smoothie was still sitting in there so I reached for the glass… and it slid right through my fingers and smashed on the floor:

9April2010 004 

That took a while to clean up (amazing how far all the liquid and glass went!) so for a snack I just grabbed a small container of chopped pineapple I had in the fridge:

8April2010 008

That didn’t keep me full for long so I had an early lunch – a sandwich made with hummus, shredded lettuce, sliced avocado, tomatoes, red onion, sprouts and a sprinkle of cajun spice:

9April2010 005 

Now that was filling!

Later I had a snack of some walnuts and an apple:

9April2010 006 

Rob wasn’t that hungry at dinnertime so I had another snack to keep me going until later. Low-fat Greek yoghurt and strawberries:

9April2010 007

This was so good! I haven’t had Greek yoghurt for ages and I’d forgotten how much I liked it.

Dinner was grilled salmon with lentils and spinach, and slow roasted tomatoes:

 9April2010 012

The best thing about this was the tomatoes – they were so sweet and had lots of flavour!

For dessert I had some chopped walnuts, dried figs and cinnamon mixed together: 

9April2010 013

I love figs.

No comments: