Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Custard Apple

I got out this morning and did a bit of walking around. My stomach didn’t like the movement that much, but the activity seems to have increased my appetite!

We got a custard apple in our fruit and vege delivery last week and by this morning it was very ripe. I decided to make custard apple oatmeal for breakfast. I made the oats with soy milk, cooked the custard apple into it, mixed in a bit of vanilla protein powder at the end, and topped it with some chopped pecans:

7April2010 001 

I got some of the texture and tang of the custard apple in the oats, but I think I would have enjoyed the custard apple more on its own.

For a snack I had hummus, carrots and celery:

7April2010 002

Then a small coffee to help me meet my work deadline:

 7April2010 003

The benefit of not drinking coffee very often is that it has an immediate effect – I only needed half of this cup!

I enjoyed yesterday’s lunch so much I had it again today (sprouted grain toast topped with refried black beans, avocado, salsa and coriander, with salad on the side):

 7April2010 004

For a snack I had a sliced apple:

7April2010 005

and some crunchy peanut butter mixed with cocoa and stevia:

7April2010 006

I felt like ‘Mr Ed’ eating this – it really stuck to the roof of my mouth!

Dinner was a garlic tempeh stir-fry with peanut sauce:

7April2010 007

And tonight I also had some dessert. Half a very ripe custard apple (so yummy!):

7April2010 008

and a creme egg:

7April2010 009

I forgot how sickly sweet these are!

4 comments:

Dianna Broeren said...

Oh Geez I'm drooling all over my keyboard at the sight of your meals!

Charlotte Orr said...

LOL, thanks Di!

Shaboom said...

Yummm, lovin all your pics. Your stirfry dinner looked awesome.

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Shannon, glad you are enjoying them!