Sunday, March 28, 2010

Out and About

This morning for breakfast I had a pomegranate and beetroot smoothie


followed by oats mixed with some almond milk, grated apple and cinnamon


After breakfast I caught a train into the city and then another train to Frankston to look at a possible investment property. On the train I had a snack of some hummus and carrot sticks


Rob couldn't make it to the open home, so I took some photos and drew the floor plan so I could talk him through it later.

On the train on the way back to the city I had my lunch, Morrocan chickpea salad


It was lovely but didn't keep me full for very long. About an hour later I had another snack, an organic protein bar (contains Organic Almond Butter, Organic Brown Rice Protein, Organic Dates, Organic Agave Nectar, Organic Bio Sprouts - Flax, Organic Biodynamic Raisins, Organic Sesame Seeds). This was yummy and filling.


I spent some time in town browsing in Habib Wholefoods on Flinders St and Evelyn Faye on Bourke St, then headed up to Brunswick to meet Rob and some of our neighbours at a bar. We have great neighbours. There are four couples (including us) who live side by side in our street. We are all around the same age and all get along really well. Three of the couples (including us) have dogs so we quite often have doggy 'play dates'. I didn't have anything alcoholic at the bar but got hungry before we left so ordered a tofu wrap with wasabi mayo (I gave Rob the chips, and yes I ate a bite out of the wrap before taking the photo!


Not long afterwards we headed back to our street. We all ended up going over to one of our neighbour's houses. Pizza was ordered. I wasn't that hungry after eating the wrap just before, and didn't really enjoy the few bites of pizza I had, so just had a glass of wine to finish my day off with.

The end

No comments: