Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Siesta

Lately when I exercise in the mornings, I need a nap in the afternoon, even if I've been sleeping well. Does this happen to anyone else?

I'm pretty happy with how my November goals turned out. I did foam rolling before almost every exercise session in November. My upper back/shoulder area is feeling better for it, and it's much less painful foam rolling my lower-body muscles now. I'm planning to continue foam rolling, but reduce the time spent on each exercise from 60 seconds to 30 seconds and add back in some dynamic warm-up and activation exercises, particularly for my glutes.

I also made the effort to shower and get dressed almost every day after exercising (so I wasn't working in my exercise gear), and felt much better for it, so will continue with this.

I limited my alcohol consumption to two drinks on every occasion except the wedding I went to last weekend. I'll aim to continue this throughout the December 'silly season' (no promises for Christmas day though!).

My main aim for December is to continue exercising consistently, even while we are away for two weeks (as it will be during the Christmas/New Year period, when I tend to eat and drink more than usual).

---

Wednesday's log

- foam rolling and dynamic warm-up
- 20-minute jog
- walk TJ

Breakfast: mix of oats, water, flaxmeal, cinnamon, Sunwarrior rice protein, walnuts, almonds and mixed berries

Snack: Vega protein shake

Lunch: broccoli, black bean soup, avocado

Snack: tofu; tomato, olives, gherkins

nap

Snack: Vega protein shake (half serve) with cacao powder

Dinner: dory with caper 'butter' (Flora pro-active), grilled portobello mushrooms, red pepper, zucchini and red onion

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love to take a daily nap. But only on weekdays. When I get a break at work, I always sleep for about 50 minutes. My body craves it. But I can’t do it in the winter – it’s too cold and I can’t fall asleep. Yesterday was too cold. So I won’t start napping again until it gets warm again – maybe April or May? I am really going to miss it. Good job on sticking with your goals. Hopefully December will treat you well!

Shaboom said...

You did great on your goals last month!! I think I really need to set a few mini goals to work towards too.

I probably would have a nanna nap in the arvo if I could! lol Im pretty tired after morning cardio by the arvo too.

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Kathleen - I usually have to be quite warm to have a nap too! Thanks for your good wishes!

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Shannon! Sounds like working towards a photo shoot is a goal in itself! Glad to know I'm not the only one who needs a nap!