Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday recap

My first thought on tearing my calf was 'now what am I going to do - I can't exercise and I'm going to put on weight'.

But while I was icing my calf I started to think differently. I can still do upper-body exercises, and some cardio (although I'll have to use my imagination a bit). I've gotten into a good routine over the last month or so and I'm not willing to let it slip away.

We had a function to go to in the evening (I'd already paid for tickets for both of us). Rob taped up my calf (very handy having a myotherapist for a husband!) and it held up pretty well. I ended up drinking more than I planned to, but avoided all of the (unhealthy) finger food. Went out for a nice dinner afterwards instead.

Exercise:
- foam rolling and warm-up
- was planning to do sprint intervals but decided at the last minute to do switch foot box drills off our back step instead and on the second or third set I tore my calf.

breakfast: small version of 'usual' (see sidebar)

snack: see sidebar

lunch: sweet chilli tofu with dry coleslaw mix and coriander

snack: mix of cottage cheese, tofu, stevia and vanilla

pre-dinner: sparkling wine, chardonnay

dinner: three of us shared jungle duck curry with eggplant and bamboo shoots, grilled baby snapper with lemongrass and ginger in a banana leaf, a chicken and veggie stir-fry, steamed rice and roti bread; sauvignon blanc

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great attitude regarding your calf, I hope it heals soon.

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Michelle - so do I!

Kathleen said...

Mmmm, curry. It is lucky to be a myotherapist's wife!

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Kathleen - it is very handy!