Sunday, December 5, 2010

(not a) Rest Day

Was planning to have a rest day today but woke up early full of beans so thought I'd go for a walk up Mt Ridley. I decided to take TJ with me as he'd been up 'partying' for most of the night with the boys so thought he'd be tired and pretty easy to handle, which he was. I was happy to go at TJ pace: walk fast until something smells good then come to a dead stop to have a sniff and pee (TJ, not me). It was overcast this morning so no views from Mt Ridley, but still a nice walk all the same. We came across a man walking the biggest dog I've ever seen - it was only 10 months old and made TJ look like a puppy! At first I thought it was an Irish Wolfhound, but the owner told me it was a Turkish breed.

I felt like having a lazy breakfast with the paper, so when I got home TJ and I had both had a drink then I grabbed my purse and we popped down to the shops to get the paper. By the time we got home we'd been out walking for about two hours! Also did some gardening before and after lunch, so was feeling pretty pooped by the end of the day!

Breakfast: oats, flaxmeal and cinnamon soaked overnight in almond milk, with rice protein, walnuts and berries mixed in before eating

Snack: Vega protein shake

Greek salad with tofu 'feta cheese', loquats

Snack: rice protein shake with pomegranate juice and spinach; almonds, carrots

Dinner: roast lamb, mint sauce, peas, cauliflower (Flora pro-active), glass of cab shiraz

4 comments:

Shaboom said...

Geez, that's alot of working for a rest day! ha ha Love the Sunday morning breakies.

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Shannon, Sunday morning brekkies are my fave too.

Kathleen said...

How did the tofu ‘feta’ come out? Isn’t having a dog the greatest!?

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Kathleen, I like the tofu feta - will probably make it again.