Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Favourite Protein?

What's your favourite protein to eat for dinner? Do you like to eat a particular meal on a particular day (eg fish on Friday, or a Sunday roast)?

Last night was very sticky. I couldn't sleep and was hungry so got up and had a mug of warm (lactose-free) milk. That was about 1am and it still took me a while to get to sleep once I went back to bed. Then I woke up at 6.30am (before my alarm) - not quite sure what's going on with my body clock!

Exercise:
- foam rolling and warm-up
- WOD: conditioning intervals (skipping 30s on, 30 off for 10 minutes; squat thrusts 30s on, 30 off for 10 minutes)
- 10 minutes stair stepping
- walk TJ

Breakfast: see sidebar (plus mandarin)

Snack: see sidebar

Lunch: lentil and eggplant soup (olive oil), cauliflower, carrot, loquats

Snack: 'tofu feta' with tomato and cucumber; almonds

Dinner: taco meatloaf (I used kangaroo mince and less cheese), green beans, Flora Pro-active

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Mmm, beans are definitely my favorite dinner protein! And I always have ice cream on Saturday (but no other day of the week)! I don't think 'sticky' would lead me to drink warm milk, although I know warm milk helps put people to sleep.

Shaboom said...

My fav protien is chicken! Love it :) But also big fan of the Sunday roast.

Magda said...

My favourite protein for dinner is atlantic salmon done on the BBQ or a French trimmed rack of lamb with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper done in the weber. I'm not a fan of roasts at all.

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks everyone!

Magda, they sound great!