Monday, January 23, 2012

No Evidence of Malignancy

I went back to my doctor this afternoon to have my stitches out. He did a great job – you can barely see where they were. He put a new dressing on, which I have to leave on for two more days, but that’s it. The pathology results showed no evidence of malignancy. The ‘mole’ was an inflamed seborrhoeic keratosis, which can apparently resemble a melanoma but is a noncancerous benign skin growth. Yay!

Rewinding back to this morning, I did a 5K treadmill run, keeping my heart rate at 70-80% of maximum. Afterwards I had some coconut water (good for hydration) and a couple of dates, and will try doing something similar for the rest of the week and see if it keeps away the chocolate cravings.

This morning’s breakfast was quinoa and yoghurt topped with pureed apricots and pureed berries.

Jan 23 01

Lunch was coleslaw mix with canned pink salmon, plus some Ryvita crackers with sterol spread (not pictured)

Jan 23 02

Dinner was mixed vegetables and sliced rump steak topped with a tzatziki-style sauce, and some baby potatoes

Jan 23 03

My favourite part of the meal was the sauce. It was simple (1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 200 ml plain yoghurt, 1 Lebanese cucumber that I seeded and grated, and 1 Tbsp lemon juice, all mixed together) but very tasty. A friend of ours had dinner with us and he usually covers everything in tomato sauce, but not tonight.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Magda said...

Great news on the mole Charlotte. I bet you're glad you dont have to wait any longer for the test results too.

:-) M

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Magda, yes it's a great relief!