Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cafe Sunday

Today we decided to walk up to the cafe by the lake for our brunch.

Jan 29 01

It was late morning by the time we left home (and quite hot), so we went the long way so TJ could have some off-lead time and a dip in the creek on the way there. Unfortunately by the time we arrived they were no longer serving breakfast. I ended up having a salmon roll out of the cabinet

Jan 29 02

It was more bread than anything else, so I put all the filling from one half into the other half, and TJ got the leftover bread.

We walked back the same way we came and TJ had another ‘swim’ in the creek

Jan 29 04

Jan 29 03

By the time we got home I was super hot and sweaty. I whipped up a smoothie with lactose-free milk and yoghurt and some berry smoothie cubes. It was so good I forgot to take a photo!

After showering I realised that walking in the heat had created a blister on my big toe. Hopefully it won’t bother me while jogging tomorrow.

For dinner I tried to make up for the lack of vegetables over the last few days with a minted pumpkin salad and some lamb steak

Jan 29 05

My chocolate cravings have been better this week, so I think my post workout snack of coconut water and dates has been helping, but I really enjoyed the smoothie I had today so might try that as a breakfast next week (and not have the coconut water and dates) and see how that goes. 

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Liz@LastChanceTraining said...

ahh Labradors - that is a very familiar sight!

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Liz, they're great, aren't they?!

Kek said...

Love the photo of TJ shaking himself in the water!

You need a blog template with a wider post area to display the pics properly though, Charlotte. Have you looked at some of the upgraded ones? I know it's a PITA to change, but it's a shame not to see the whole photo...

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Kek!

I will take another look at the templates.

Cheers, C