Monday, January 9, 2012

My feet were a little sore this morning after all the walking I did yesterday, so I opted for a 50-minute swim session this morning for my cardio. I tried a different technique with my freestyle, trying to keep my chest down in the water to allow my hips to pop up, and it worked really well. I was able to use my legs more to propel me through the water instead of doing so much work with my arms, and for the first time in ages my left shoulder wasn't sore after swimming.

We have a rapidly multiplying supply of plums from our trees at the moment so I tried some on my breakfast this morning. Rolled oats and barley topped with lactose-free yoghurt and chopped plums:

Since swimming always makes me really hungry, breakfast was swiftly followed by lunch. First up I had coleslaw mix with grated beetroot and olive oil dressing:

Then a roll with roast beef and chutney:

A banana finally managed to quiet my hunger and I spent the afternoon outside, weeding the garden beds around the feijoas:

Tonight's dinner was a green fish curry:

After watching the Smurfs last night, tonight we are having a complete change of pace and watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

2 comments:

Magda said...

Its funny how walking can make feet so sore - sometimes more so than running. Every time I increase my walking frequency I'm rewarded with really painful shins. Yet running never did that. Nice plums!!

:-) Magda

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Magda, isn't that funny? Must be using different parts of the foot/leg for each activity.
Unfortunately I find the skins on the plums a bit sour. Rob doesn't seem to mind though - he's been plowing through them!