Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chocolate Cravings

Over the weekend I’ve been craving chocolate (pretty unusual for me, since I’m not normally that fussed by chocolate). I’ve had a Bounty bar, a Cherry Ripe, a chocolate milk, and a slice of Mars Bar cake. It’s not that time of the month, so the only thing I can put it down to is the increase in cardio intensity this week, going from about 60-70% of maximum heart rate to 75-85% of maximum heart rate in my sessions.

So next week I’m going to try and find a middle ground with my cardio and keep a closer eye on what I’m having immediately after my workouts in terms of recovery nutrition and fluids.

Here’s a snapshot of some of the healthier things I had to eat over the weekend…

Breakfast Saturday (after a 50-minute jog): overnight muesli (rolled oats and barley, mandarin juice, sultanas and yoghurt)

Jan 21 01

Jan 21 02

Lunch Saturday: salmon salad, plus bread roll (not pictured)

Jan 21 03

Dinner Saturday: Lamb Couscous

Jan 21 04

I had the lamb dish at a restaurant in Richmond for a friend’s birthday. I don’t make couscous at home as it’s not gluten-free, so took the opportunity to have it while out. The description said it came with roast vegetables, but I had to do a ‘treasure hunt’ through the couscous to find a few finely sliced pieces of pumpkin. Disappointing.

We stayed overnight at our friend’s house. In the morning we broke our tram and train trip home with a breakfast stop at a cafe in Degraves St (near Flinders St station). I had muesli, goat yoghurt and fruit

Jan 22 02

Sunday lunch was some Ryvita crackers with chutney, ham and salad

Jan 22 03

Sunday dinner was a pork cutlet with rice salad and coleslaw mix

Jan 22 05

Off to watch Bad Teacher. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Liz@LastChanceTraining said...

Rice salad looks delicious too

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Liz - it was too hot to cook much and I had some rice in the fridge that needed to be used up. I found a bag of frozen peas, corn and capsicum in the freezer and decided it would all go nicely as a rice salad, topped with some chopped coriander. Cheers, C