Cooking, Renovations and Fun Stuff

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chocolate Cravings

Over the weekend I’ve been craving chocolate (pretty unusual for me, since I’m not normally that fussed by chocolate). I’ve had a Bounty bar, a Cherry Ripe, a chocolate milk, and a slice of Mars Bar cake. It’s not that time of the month, so the only thing I can put it down to is the increase in cardio intensity this week, going from about 60-70% of maximum heart rate to 75-85% of maximum heart rate in my sessions.

So next week I’m going to try and find a middle ground with my cardio and keep a closer eye on what I’m having immediately after my workouts in terms of recovery nutrition and fluids.

Here’s a snapshot of some of the healthier things I had to eat over the weekend…

Breakfast Saturday (after a 50-minute jog): overnight muesli (rolled oats and barley, mandarin juice, sultanas and yoghurt)

Jan 21 01

Jan 21 02

Lunch Saturday: salmon salad, plus bread roll (not pictured)

Jan 21 03

Dinner Saturday: Lamb Couscous

Jan 21 04

I had the lamb dish at a restaurant in Richmond for a friend’s birthday. I don’t make couscous at home as it’s not gluten-free, so took the opportunity to have it while out. The description said it came with roast vegetables, but I had to do a ‘treasure hunt’ through the couscous to find a few finely sliced pieces of pumpkin. Disappointing.

We stayed overnight at our friend’s house. In the morning we broke our tram and train trip home with a breakfast stop at a cafe in Degraves St (near Flinders St station). I had muesli, goat yoghurt and fruit

Jan 22 02

Sunday lunch was some Ryvita crackers with chutney, ham and salad

Jan 22 03

Sunday dinner was a pork cutlet with rice salad and coleslaw mix

Jan 22 05

Off to watch Bad Teacher. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Liz@LastChanceTraining said...

Rice salad looks delicious too

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Liz - it was too hot to cook much and I had some rice in the fridge that needed to be used up. I found a bag of frozen peas, corn and capsicum in the freezer and decided it would all go nicely as a rice salad, topped with some chopped coriander. Cheers, C