Friday, January 6, 2012

The Beast is Out!

When I woke up this morning my right foot was a bit sore, so Rob taped up both of my feet again. He did them on a slightly different angle this time and they felt better straight away.

This morning we did our park circuit again, but this time we did lunges with the back foot on a bench instead of hill lunges.

Breakfast was the usual: crushed oat brits with lactose free yoghurt and blueberries.

The rest of my morning was spent doing things around the house that I haven't had time to do for a while. Like cleaning the light fitting above the dining room table, which was full of dust and insects. If you ever have to buy light fittings, get ones that direct the light downwards, not upwards. Unfortunately these ones came with the house.

For lunch I roasted a red capsicum and had some in a cape seed roll with some roasted chicken and avocado

Rob dug the rose bush out for me this morning (the beast is out!), so after lunch I went in to tidy up the area. I ended up pulling all the bricks out that bordered the path up to the front door and digging/raking out the soil. I thought it might be nice to make a patio area out there. It seems that someone else had the same idea in the past. Look what I uncovered!

After I'd had enough gardening, I walked to the supermarket to pick up a few things for dinner. The produce department had a marked-down stand with 'fill a bag for $3'. Here's what I chose:

I'm thinking I can use the parsnip for parsnip puree or as roasted parsnips, and the eggplant in a curry. I used the asparagus in tonight's dinner, along with some chicken sausages and mashed potato

I'm planning to spend the rest of the night on the couch with my feet up!

2 comments:

Magda said...

I think buying a house that was somebody else's home is always a bit of an interesting lucky dip. You never know what treasures you'll uncover....like your previous attempt at a patio where you were going to put one.

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Magda, it sure is! Thanks for dropping by. Cheers, Charlotte