Thursday, January 12, 2012

All Gardened Out

This morning I did 50 minutes on the elliptical. As I walked home it felt quite cold out, and the thought of a cold breakfast didn't appeal. Instead I whipped up some porridge (made with rolled oats and barley) with Craisins and topped it with some lactose-free Greek yoghurt.

I really like having thick yoghurt on top of porridge. It's almost like having cream on a winter pudding

The rest of the morning was spent cleaning and doing some errands. Lunch was a mixed bean salad, with a bread roll (not pictured)

In the afternoon I weeded another garden bed. Before:

After:

There's still a little bit more weeding that needs doing, but I'm just about all gardened out. All I feel like doing now is putting things in: some new hedging plants and some mulch.

As much as I love cooking, it was nice to be invited to a friend's house for dinner and a movie. We had roast lamb

and watched Star Wars.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: