Saturday, January 30, 2010

Program Goals

Lower back is feeling better today. Still not 100% but I'm more mobile than I have been the last couple of days.

---

Along with the photos and video clips I sent off to Mike Robertson the other day, I also included my short-term and long-term goals. For my short-term goals I put the following:
-get rid of the ache in my left rhomboid/levator scap that appears after weight training and swimming. Strengthen and stabilise my left shoulder (it tires more quickly than my right shoulder and subluxes occasionally)
-hypertrophy of all muscle groups (especially shoulders and glutes)

I received my first program from Mike today. He said 'I think it’s going to address some of the major issues I see with your posture/alignment. The big things I’d like to address are getting your hips stronger and doing more of the work. Right now your TFL is pretty strong, so I really want to focus on getting glute max/medius stronger. That coupled with some core work is going to go a long way.'

So it looks like I'll be getting plenty of the glute work I asked for!

He's also included lots of trapezius and rotator cuff exercises so hopefully my shoulder will get nice and strong!

The program includes quite a few things I haven't done before so I've spent some time today looking up all the various exercises I'll be doing (I'll discuss these in more detail next week).

Today's food:
M1 protein shake, muesli, eggs
M2 spicy peanut chicken, bok choy, zucchini
M3 chicken salad, nuts
M4 kangaroo patty, sweet potato, mashed cauliflower
M5 prawn salad, sweet potato

I will lose 10kg by 31 December

No comments: