Monday, January 18, 2010

New Coach

Rob and I did each other's skinfolds today, three weeks since the last lot. Although my scale weight has only decreased slightly, my fat mass is down and my lean mass is up, so am happy with that. Will keep food the same for another two weeks then measure again.

I hit the gym this evening for the first time in a week. I'm still not feeling 100% but wanted to do SOMETHING. I was due to do a deload week this week, so went with that and took it easy with two sets of each exercise (lower body).

For the last couple of months I have been using a couple of programs by Mike Robertson: this one and this one. His style of programming seems to really suit me: it's challenging but enjoyable, and I'm seeing some gains out of it.

I had looked into doing online training with him (so I could have something tailored specifically for me), but I was hesitant due to the cost. However, over the weekend I had the opportunity to sign up with him for half price, with the understanding that all of my fees would be donated to the Haiti relief fund. So not only do I have the opportunity to work with a great trainer, I am able to donate to a good cause as well.

Over the next week or so I will be submitting pics, video clips and a list of goals to him, so will keep you up to date with that. Exciting!!!

Today's food
M1: 'muesli', eggs
walk TJ*
M2: chicken stir-fry
M3: larb gai, nuts
M4: kangaroo patty, sweet potato chips, cabbage
train (workout drinks)
M5: monkfish, sweet potato chips, roasted spiced cauliflower (sprinkled with turmeric, garlic powder, chilli powder, salt)

*Am going to try walking TJ after breakfast for the next two weeks as I think that going before breakfast is contributing to the length of my cold.

I will lose 10kg by 31 December

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That's awesome news you are training with Mike Charlotte - I really like his programs too and the way he does things. I always find it interesting to see how other trainers work. Looking forward to the pics and clips! :) Nicole xx

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Nicole, am looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

Style Seduction said...

Yes you will 10kgs can be done!!!!

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks!