Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday 18 June

Have needed 10 hours sleep the last two nights running, so did an (almost) lactose- and gluten-free day today (inspired by the food intolerances planner in the May/June issue of Ultra Fit Magazine). Felt more alert during the day and didn't need a coffee this afternoon like I usually do, so am going to continue to eat like this for a while. Have ordered some chocolate Sun Warrior rice protein, which should be here next week, so am looking forward to trying that. I've had chocolate Ladybird rice protein but I don't really like the flavour, and the sweetener in it (sucralose) repeats on me. The Sun Warrior is sweetened with stevia, so I'm hoping it will be better. I think I've tried just about every other non-dairy protein available in Australia, and am slowly coming up with a few favourites, but they're not cheap!

Found leg training a bit harder today than on Monday. Possible reasons:
- had lots of starchy carbs Sunday night, none last night
- used legs a bit in circuit yesterday afternoon
- wore Skins when training legs on Monday but not during yesterday's circuit or today's training.

Food today
- Vital Greens, apple
Train legs (1 sc Dymatize Natural, 3/4 sc Gatorade)
- 1 serve Max's WPI, gluten-free apple and blueberry muffin
- large orange
- Low carb veg frittata, 1 Tbsp fish oil
- mixed nuts
- last night's kangaroo mince, peas, coconut cauliflower mash, 1 Tbsp fish oil
- goji berries
- tuna and avocado mash, carrot
- almonds, cashews

2 comments:

Becca said...

What do you think of the Gogi Berries? I bought a bag of them a few months back (they are expensive!) and found them to be bitter, and they upset my stomach. The aren't terrible tasting, but definetly different, though I would continue to eat them if it weren't for the upset stomach. At first I didn't put two and two together and figure out what was upsetting me, but after just 10 min of eating a handful of them, it starts....

Your thoughts?

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Becca, yes, they are an acquired taste aren't they! Not sure why they upset your stomach but at least you know to avoid them! Thanks for letting me know your new URL.