Friday, June 5, 2009

Skins short-sleeve top review


I bought a short-sleeve Skins top at the end of Feb, then I had about three months of almost non-existent training so didn't really get to wear it. Over the last couple of weeks I've been back in the gym training shoulders and back with Rob. I knew I would be going pretty heavy, so wore my short-sleeve Skins top each time. I trained in the evening, wore the top to bed, then got up the next morning and showered.

Pros:
- I don't get the usual ache in the shoulder-blade area from my old skiing injury.
- It keeps me nice and warm.
- It's pretty tight, so I can feel my muscles pressing against it as I get a pump in the gym, which is kinda cool.

Cons:
- It's pretty tight, so I don't feel comfortable wearing it on its own at the gym, especially since it's white. I always wear a t-shirt over it.
- It's pretty tight, so I look forward to taking it off after sleeping in it.

Summary:
- Worth it for me, as I don't get the usual injury-related aches.
- I'd probably go for a darker colour next time.

***

It's a beautiful day so I'm going to sit outside and proofread the cookies recipe book I'm working on. It has a section with wheat-free recipes. Rob is already making hints. Hmm...

4 comments:

Splice said...

Great feedback on the skins top. I have full length bottom but would like a sleeveless top, so I know to definately go with black!
Debs

Charlotte Orr said...

Cool - glad I could help!

Becca said...

Cool. I have never heard of these tops before. I'm glad it helps with your injury aches.

As far as a cookie cookbook- that is a neat project. I didn't know you were putting it together. Have I missed a post or did you just not mention?

Hope you are enjoying your day!
Becca

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Becca, no, you didn't miss a post. I'm a freelance editor and work on lots of different books. I've been proofreading some recipe books lately, which has been fun!