Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ready to Go Again

Went away for New Year's Eve and had such a relaxing time we stayed for most of the week. There was no internet access, hence the lack of posting. Am back now and have just had my bodyfat measurements done. I last had them done 8 weeks ago, at the start of my preparatory phase (phase 1). I did that for about four weeks, then launched into four weeks of training to gain muscle (phase 2). My measurements today show that I have put on 3.8kg in 8 weeks: 1.75kg of lean mass and 2.05kg of fat. I'm stoked with the amount of muscle gain. I would have preferred not to have gained so much fat, but I haven't been following my eating plan with 90% compliance, so it's not really surprising. I'm doing very little in the way of cardio at the moment (two 15-minute HIIT sessions a week) as I don't put on muscle when I do a lot of cardio, so I really need to keep my diet pretty clean to minimise fat gain. My goal from here on in is to follow my plan 90% of the time. It's a measurable goal that I can track here on my blog. Phase 3 of training starts tomorrow, and I'm going to be working on increasing my strength so I can lift more to gain more muscle. Can't wait!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! It's good to get away and have a decent break once in a while.

Lia xxx
Eat Clean, Drink Water, Train Hard & Love Life! :o)

Shar said...

1.75kg of muscle is fab Charlotte!!
Nice job.
Shar x

Jessica said...

So glad you had a wonderful New Year's Eve! Relaxation is good! :)

And a HUGE congrats on your muscle gain! That is so exciting. When I was competing I remember that was the most exciting number for me - my lean mass amount. So huge congrats!

Best of luck on gaining even more!
Jess

Becca said...

Keep on keepin' on!! :)

Tara said...

Nice gain muscle wise Charlotte!! you are so organised I love it!!

Tara xx

Stephanie Davis said...

1.75kg muscle gain in 8 weeks, thats great!!! well done :)