Thursday, January 15, 2009

Phase 3: Day 10 of 35

Date: Wed 14 Jan

Sleep: 8 hours (broken). Took me a while to get to sleep last night after checking my phone messages and finding out I've been selected to audition for a TV show (sorry, can't give any more info than that for now). Then I was woken a couple of times during the night by the cat. Think he was having a bit of trouble dealing with the heat.

Weight: 62.1, down 0.1; total down 0.6

Relaxation: walk to park with TJ. Stinking hot even at 9am. Much prefer going earlier but couldn't get out of bed this morning.

Exercise: Workout A (deadlifts, bench press, cable external rotation, BB rollouts). First real training day of this phase after finding my maxes last week. Training is heavy with low reps (wave loading). I was absolutely exhausted by the time I finished my workout. Came home and got straight into bed. Only got up a bit later to get something to eat. Am having two days off between each workout to give myself plenty of recovery.

Water: 3L plus workout drinks, easy peasy when it's hot

Meal Compliance: 6/6

Sultanas are back on the menu! I stopped eating them for a while as they seemed to be a trigger food but I think it was probably the other food I was having it in that was the problem (wheat-based cereal). Have been cooking up quinoa flakes with sultanas for one of my PWO meals lately and it's GOOD!

Have added back in a few things I was taking last year: fibre drink (ground flax and fenugreek seeds, chlorophyll; banaba leaf extract; R-ALA)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Great job on workout and I love the feeling of falling into bed after a bad ass workout. Another great job on compliance this week. Keep it up!

Jess

Andrea said...

Wow - that sounds exciting Charlotte!
No wonder you couldn't sleep!
I think that sultanas are a trigger food for me, I can never stop at just a few. I would like to try the quiona flakes - they sound different and yum
Andjxx

Anonymous said...

Me too! I wonder if it's the same TV show? What to wear, what to take, no sleep here either.