Friday, January 23, 2009

Phase 3: day 19 of 35

Date: Fri 23 Jan

Sleep: 9.30pm to 7am, 9.5 hours (shut the animals out of the bedroom)

Weight: 61.6, down 0.4
Think my 'phantom period' is finished. Was feeling a bit down and had chocolate cravings last Friday, I was tired over the weekend (body using up extra energy at this stage of cycle) then had water retention Monday to Thursday like I usually do at the start of my period, but nothing else actually happened. Woke up this morning and knew I'd dropped the water before I got on the scales. Had more definition in shoulders, arms and through midsection. Yay!

Lifestyle Cardio: walk TJ to park

Training: workout A (deadlifts, bench press, external shoulder rotation, barbell rollouts)
Awesome workout. For something different, I am using a machine like this one for deadlifts at the moment.

So hands are to the side rather than in front of me. Did six sets on that (4 reps, 3 reps, 2 reps at submax weight, then 4 reps, 3 reps, 2 reps with max weight). Then same set up for bench press. Got someone to keep an eye on me for my last set of bench press, but he gave me too much 'help' and I ended up doing 5 reps. Apparently it was 'all me', LOL (grrrr).

Had Surge again today but split it into three drinks (pre, during and post workout) and had a Dairy Digest tablet before each. No digestive issues this time, apart from a few burps.

Water: 3/3 (plus workout drinks)

Meal Compliance: 7/7
Ended up having an extra meal this evening (repeat of meal 2) as I was pretty hungry from my workout.

No comments: