Sunday, November 2, 2008

Phase 1

After having four weeks of relaxed eating and exercising, it's time to get back into a routine again.

Although I'm keen to get back into heavy training, I've decided to do a preparatory phase first. Today Rob and I did some postural, flexibility and muscular strength assessments. I have a posterior pelvic tilt (flat lower back), quite a few flexibility issues, and an instable shoulder (old skiing injury). So for the next four weeks I will be addressing these problems, training three days per week. I'll also do a couple of interval training sessions a week, so my week will look something like this:

Mon workout
Tues interval cardio
Wed workout
Thu interval cardio
Fri workout

plus I will be doing 'lifestyle' cardio (walking the dog) each day.

Planned meals for this week:
Weights days:
1 yoghurt, protein powder, almonds, Vital Greens, fish oil
walk dog
2 frittata, legumes
3 Rae's favourite salad plus oil and balsamic dressing
4 same as 3
train (Surge)
5 lean meat, veges, rice, fruit
6 egg whites, quinoa, fruit (made into pancake)

Nonweights days:
1 yoghurt, protein powder, almonds, Vital Greens, fish oil
walk dog
2 frittata, legumes
3 Rae's favourite salad plus oil and balsamic dressing
4 same as 3
interval cardio/rest
5 lean meat, veges, nuts, fruit
6 egg whites, whole egg, cheese, fruit

I will have four 'off plan' meals per week, probably Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday morning and Sunday night.

Oh, and I need to drink more water too.

2 comments:

Liv said...

Hi gorgeous girl, how are you?? I've been following your blog for a few months, you looked great at your last comp. I'm so happy for you. xx

Jen's Journey said...

Looks great! I am going to have to try that frittata!

Keep reaching!
Jen