Monday, November 24, 2008

Peaking and your Personality

One of the things I liked about competing this year was that I had the experience of previous comps behind me, which helped me to be better prepared. For example, I made sure I had my Dream Tan, hair and make-up done before arriving at the venue, so I didn't feel under pressure. And, because I didn't have to spend as long backstage getting ready, I could sit in the audience for a while and watch the show, so I felt more relaxed than I did last year. However, because I was trying a method I hadn't used before to carb up on the day (potassium, rice cakes and honey), I was referring to my timing instructions a bit, and trying to juggle water, tablets, sticky honey and crumbly rice cakes, so I probably wasn't as relaxed as I could be. I know that using potassium and carbs on the day works well for some people, but for me, it's something extra to think about, and with my busy mind, it's an extra hassle I don't need. As mentioned previously, I prefer to do most of my carbing up in the couple of days beforehand, then on the day have just a little at breakfast and before going on stage.

No comments: