Thursday, November 13, 2008

Feeling relaxed

I was going to post today about how relaxed I've been feeling the last few days, especially around food. Then I read Katie's post, What Flicks the Switch, which pretty much covers my reactions to 'S' foods as well. Since the start of the week my diet has been similar to hers, with protein, veges and good fats at all meals, and a little bit of starchy carb around training. It means I have no sugar cravings, no mindless eating of starchy carbs past the point of being full, no stress. I feel calm. This style of eating isn't for everyone, but I can count on one hand the times I have felt this relaxed this year, and each of those times has been when I've eaten like this, so I'm sticking with it.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is how our bodies are designed to eat, that is why it feels so good.

I eat pretty much the same way and can maintain a good balance year round - my only exception is dark choc on PMS week.


Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlotte, I totally agree. I believe the biggest con in this world has been that everyone must eat in the same manner. For sme people lower carb is the way - not "Atkins" in the old way of eating as much fat as you want. But eating a low to moderate amount of carbs - what is right for you as an individual, lots of fresh veggies & some fruits and healthy fats and lots of them. For others, it's about eating pasta, wholegrain foods etc and increasing their carbs. Their body can handle it. I think for me the most important thing is "fresh is best' - no white death as I call it.