Friday, February 24, 2012

Self-Doubt


I weighed myself when I got up yesterday. For some reason I'm OK with not weighing myself at the start of the week, but sometimes as it gets closer to the end of the week I feel like I want to get on the scales to see if what I am doing with my food and exercise is 'working'. Scale weight doesn't tell the whole story, but when I get on the scales and my weight is going the opposite way to what it's supposed to, I have a moment (OK, a whole day) of self-doubt. Is how I'm eating helping me or hindering me with weight loss? Am I doing enough exercise? And on and on.

I woke up this morning, didn't get on the scales, looked in my favourite mirror (the one with the most flattering lighting) and felt much better. I thought about how good I've been feeling the way I've been eating lately, how soft my skin is and how much more energy I have. I thought about how I've been enjoying my exercise. And I pushed those feelings of self-doubt aside.

How do you deal with feelings of self-doubt?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally weigh in every day then take the average for the week as my "weekly weight". Scales and numbers don't scare me, they're just scales and numbers after all.

There are so many variables as you already know when it comes to weight fluctuation and I find this is the fairest assessment for me. xxx

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Lia, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks!