Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Water Bottle

This morning I did a slow 55-minute jog around our neighbourhood.

I normally use a 1 litre Sigg water bottle when doing workouts at the gym, but I’ve been using this drink bottle recently while running outside as it’s much easier to hold.

I’m interested in what other people use for hydration while running outside. Has anyone used a camelbak?

---

For breakfast I felt like eating something rather than having a smoothie.

First I whizzed up a date with a glass of milk and downed that before having some crushed oat brits, yoghurt and a sliced white peach.

Feb 8 01 

Lunch was a salad with greens (mixed lettuce, baby spinach, shredded kale), corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, cucumber, cannellini beans and salsa, plus a bread roll with sterol spread.

Feb 8 02

 

Dinner was carrot and ginger soup

Feb 8 03

plus a curry salmon cake with rice

Feb 8 04

See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

Liz@LastChanceTraining said...

Hey Charlotte,
Have used a Camelbak for adventure racing - very useful but probably not so great for "urban" running.
Cheers
Liz

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Liz,
Thanks for your feedback!
Cheers,
Charlotte

Magda said...

Charlotte, in all my half marathon training the only time I took water was on runs longer than 90 minutes. I would drink well before the run (up to 800mls) and then drink well after. If I took water it was in a 250ml water bottle like those handed out on planes (domestic Qantas in particular). The bottle is small and light and therefore manageable on a long run. Anything else was a pain to manage.

M

Charlotte Orr said...

Great, thanks for that Magda!

Kek said...

I'm the same as Magda - never carry anything I don't have to when running. It's bloody hard enough as it is. ;) I've rarely run more than 5k anyway, so it's not really an issue.

My husband has a Camelback, but he uses it for mountain biking or for road rides in extremely hot weather, never for running.

Charlotte Orr said...

Cool, thanks Kek!