Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sandwich Thins

I didn’t sleep well last night but managed to get up at 6.45 this morning and go for a walk with Rob and TJ. When we got home I did some foam rolling. I was feeling quite tired afterwards, so stretched out on the floor in the sun and fell asleep!

After I woke up I did a bit of tidying up around the house then went to the gym to do a 7km treadmill run. It was quite hard work today.

When I got home I had a banana blueberry smoothie

Feb 2 01

Lunch was some roast pork, pumpkin, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes

Feb 15 02

plus some Helga’s sandwich thins, split, toasted and topped with avocado and tomato

Feb 15 03

I was quite excited when I saw these sandwich thins advertised last week. Amused by small things, aren’t I?

Feb 15 04

They’re like a thin English muffin and I think they’d probably make a good low-carb burger bun alternative. One sandwich thin (top and bottom) is 43g and has 21.8g of carbohydrate.

Two things I’m not so keen on: they’re quite sweet (sugar is listed as one of the ingredients), and they’re made in the USA! Can't Helga's make these in Australia?

Dinner was also bread-based: a gluten-free wrap with lamb and salad (dressed with olive oil and lemon juice).

Feb 15 05

Looking forward to Rob coming home from work so we can watch My Kitchen Rules together (I’m recording it). See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Liz N said...

I bought some too and then noticed the origin. Not too into freshness I can see :) Good concept though and nice toasted with soup.

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Liz, yes good concept, I was just surprised that they would import bread!