Saturday, February 6, 2010

Shopping Day

This morning I did the rest of our grocery shopping, plus went to the butcher and fishmonger.

When I got home I continued our food prep for the next seven days (I cook for both Rob and I).
- I made up some flax oil salsa to toss with chicken and beans for morning teas
- I cooked 2kg chicken mince with some lime juice, fish sauce, chilli sauce, spring onions, ginger and coriander, allowed it to cool, then portioned it into sandwich bags. I put half in the fridge and half in the freezer. These will be used for lunches, tossed with salad and pistachio nuts.
- I'd normally make some kangaroo patties for afternoon teas, but I made up and froze a whole lot last weekend so that's already covered.

Tonight we had a nice night at a friend's place for a birthday barbecue. One of our friends made a great-looking birthday cake (and his cakes usually taste pretty good), so I decided to have that for my treat, since I hadn't really settled on what to have for a treat meal this weekend.

Today's food
M1: protein shake, muesli, eggs
M2: chicken, green beans, flax oil dressing
M3: chilli pistachio chicken, salad
M4: kangaroo patty, sweet potato, cauliflower
M5 (treat meal): chocolate cake

I will lose 10kg by 31 December

No comments: