Saturday, July 31, 2010

End of Week 2

My days this week have consisted of travelling an hour to work, working, travelling an hour home, going to the gym (or doing more work), eating dinner, preparing meals for the next day, then going to bed. I think the fact that I eat a meal before leaving work means I'm not starving when I get home, so I'm able to get changed and go out again to the gym without too much trouble. [Rob has just added 'and you don't bite your husband's head off when you get home'. LOL]

I got up the same time as usual on Saturday but went to the hairdresser instead of work. It was so nice to sit and do nothing apart from read magazines for a couple of hours. For the first time in ages I've had lowlights put in, so now I'm more brunette than blonde. It's closer to my natural hair colour, so less regrowth to deal with, and my hair looks a lot healthier.

Finally got to have a sleep-in this morning but have spent the rest of the day giving the house a bit of a tidy and sorting through a few things before we move. I've also been playing nurse to Rob, who is having problems with his eye again.

My body has been up to its usual weight-loss tricks this week. No change for ages, then a big drop:
Mon: 61.8
Tues: 62
Wed: 62.1
Thu: 62.3
Fri: 62.1
Sat: 62
Sun: 60.9
average 61.9, down 0.9 on week 1.

Read 'Of Whooshes and Squishy Fat' to find out more about this phenomenon.

This week my aim is to continue being consistent with my training, walking and eating. AND to drink a litre of water between getting up and my first meal (that's not as extreme as it may sound since I don't break my fast until noon or 1pm).

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Nice work on your loss babe!... Lyle's post is interesting, i've never heard fat loss explained like that before. But it does make sense. Like you, i seem to plateau, gain then have a big loss- bizarre!

I spoke to my massage therapist about TTOM and she said that pre TTOM more energy is needed for hormone production ie. oestrogen. Also during this time the body's protein requirements are increased. When there is more protien in the body, the body starts looking for carbs as they are needed to break down the protein. Hence the sugar cravings!

She also mentioned that people who follow a high protien low carb diet usually have sugar cravings. ANd its because we need carbs to breakdown the protien here as well...i hope that makes sense!

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Chelle!