Saturday, May 8, 2010

Friday

Forgot to mention yesterday that we got tickets to see Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) in June.  Really looking forward to it!

Last night I put some steel cut oats and dried cranberries in a pot with a bit of water, brought it to the boil, then turned the heat off and left it covered overnight. This morning I added some soy milk, turned the heat back on to low and cooked until the soy milk was absorbed. I had it topped with a little bit of milk and some flax oil:

7May2010 012

I went to the gym this morning but only got as far as doing my foam rolling and mobility exercises. I went to bed too late last night and felt quite tired and negative about my workout while at the gym so I decided to give the rest of my training a miss.

Check out what I picked up at the supermarket on the way home:

 7May2010 002

Organic skim milk marked down to 94 cents for a litre! (They’re close to expiry date, but fine to freeze until needed). I’m going to try using this for a while instead of soy milk and lactose-free milk.

Once I got home I put dinner in the crockpot for tonight:

7May2010 004 

Then had a coffee with milk:

7May2010 003 

and a smoothie with choc rice protein, milk and banana:

7May2010 005 

Lunch was a toasted sandwich with low-fat feta cheese, red onion, red pepper, mushrooms, olives, spinach and pizza paste, plus a carrot and some raisins:

7May2010 007 

For afternoon tea I had a hot chocolate made with chocolate rice protein, hot water and hot milk, and an apple:

7May2010 006

Here’s the dinner I prepared earlier - lamb with silverbeet:

7May2010 008  

And here’s my share, with mashed potato and some extra silverbeet:

7May2010 009 

I also had a mandarin:

7May2010 010 

Today I received electronic copies of the paperwork for the house from the real estate agent, and emailed them to the lawyer to review before we make an offer. This is the first time we’ve bought a house in Australia, so want to make sure we’re doing everything properly!

No comments: