Monday, August 24, 2009

Healthy Pizza

Sunday night's dinner

Base made with flax meal and chickpea flour


For the recipe, see the 'paleo option' on Cindalou's Pizza Crusts page. I used the whole recipe to make a thin base approx 20cm in diameter.

The finished product

The topping had a little bit of parmesan cheese, sliced garlic, red onion, capers, sundried tomatoes, smoked salmon and rocket leaves.

I started getting full about three-quarters of the way through the pizza, so in future would have half of this with some extra veggies on the side/afterwards (I actually made kale chips to have with it but was too full!).

8 comments:

Jehanne said...

Hey Charlotte,

was just wondering how you found those kelp noodles? I am interested in trying them!

Becca said...

OH that looks soo good, I could have eaten the whole thing in 2 bites! Healthy options no doubt but pretty high caloric content I am guessing. What are the stats?

Raechelle said...

Yum! I'm always a sucker for new pizza variations! :-)

Erika said...

That looks great!

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Jeh, will post later today about them!

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Becca, I didn't work out the stats as it was kind of a 'treat meal' for me. I'd say it'd be lowish carb, highish fat though.

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Raechelle, me too - just have to go easy on the cheese!

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Esme!