Saturday, August 15, 2009

Thoughts, measurements and pics

'You need to understand your body type and accept your shape. Build YOUR best body and become the best YOU can be. This is very important to achieve peace with yourself. Otherwise you will never be happy with your body.' (Krista Schaus)

I definitely inherited my body type from my parents. I have my dad's long limbs and my mum's curvy torso.

I haven't always thought positively about that combination, especially when it comes to competing in figure. Sure, it's nice that I don't lose everything up top when I get lean, but things stay put downstairs too! And it's hard to build muscle on those long limbs.

But, if I accept my shape, I think it actually has a lot of positives. I have long legs, and my breast size is something that some other women would pay a lot of money for (I'm a 10DD in the off season). To build my best body I think it would be nice to have some round muscles to go with the rest of those curves! Happy thinking from now on!

Today's measurements
Weight 65.9kg (down 0.2 since last week). Not a big drop, but measurements show that shoulder girth is up, and waist and hip girths are down, so some recomposition going on there I think!

Pics
My two boys holding hands yesterday...

2 comments:

Becca said...

Aw, Charlotte, those kinds of pics are pricelss. I love it!

Michelle said...

One day my 2 will get on that well.