Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday

Rob's elbow was sore from BJJ training the other night so he had a rest day today. It was nice to have a sleep-in then coffee in bed.

Breakfast was sprouted grain toast spread with fish oil and topped with scrambled eggs, plus a side of salsa and a mandarin.

After that we walked to the supermarket and back with TJ. Coles had half-price organic carrot, ginger and coriander soup so I had a bowl for lunch with some cooked chicken mince mixed in. I also had some pineapple, and fish oil in a shot of pomegranate juice.

Some of Rob's friends came over this afternoon to watch the rugby. While they were drinking beer I had a hot cocoa made with milk and stevia.

For dinner I made us all 'spicy style' Mexi Pizzas, using:
•gluten-free wraps for the bases
•Old El Paso refried beans
•Old El Paso spicy bean salsa
•Nando’s hot peri peri sauce
•oregano, cumin, chilli powder, black pepper, garlic powder
•low-fat pizza cheese
•jalapenos
•red pepper
•onion

For dessert I had some Green & Black's 85% chocolate.

Upper body is quite sore today so it's nice to have a rest from the weights. Looking forward to training again on Monday though.

2 comments:

Raechelle said...

Hope Rob's elbow is better!
I may have asked before, (you have probably blogged it) but what kind of gluten free tortillas do you use?

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Raechelle! I usually use white corn tortillas (I think there are a couple of different brands). They crumble quite easily so I'll usually put them in the microwave (covered) until they are hot and soft to make them easier to work with.