I've been enjoying eating ruby red grapefruit lately - I find they are a bit sweeter than regular grapefruit, and they are such a pretty colour!
According to the Miss Organic website, grapefruit have the ability to aid many ailments and provide various health improvements:
- Eating grapefruit increases the flow of gastric juices, eases constipation and improves digestion (first thing in the morning is perfect grapefruit eating time)
- Eating grapefruit strengthens blood vessels and capillaries and reduces the accumulation of atherosclerotic plaque and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Scientific studies have shown how eating grapefruit helps reduce bad cholesterol, eliminating the need for statin drugs including lipitor. Grapefruit has been proven to heal without the long term side effects of cholesterol lowering medication.....(Grapefruit is to be avoided on these medications as it enhances the toxicity of the drugs!!). Lipitor reduces the body's ability to produce good cholesterol which is needed to protect your cells.
- Grapefruit pectin has also shown in studies to halt the spread of prostate cancer and breast cancer cells.
- Grapefruits also help reduce fever and soothes coughs and sore throats and reduces fevers.
- Grapefruit is said to be a fat loss promoting food too!