Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hump Day

The last week or so has been a bit tough for me - more on an emotional level than anything. I was tired, depressed and teary (hormones??) for most of last week and the early part of this week. I think I also had severe 'Mondayitis' for most of the week - things have been pretty quiet with work for a while, but I'm back into 'busy' mode again and it took a bit of adjusting to. There has also been some family illness to deal with. So all in all have been feeling a bit stressed and not sleeping well.

Today felt like a bit of a turning point for me. Moved my training session from the morning to the evening so I could take advantage of the nice weather this morning to get out for a decent walk, which was great. Training this evening went well - did a PB for Romanian deadlifts. Also had a reminder to keep enjoying my journey - something I needed as lately I've been focusing (worrying) more about the final outcome (the competition).

The best thing of all though was that I found out I might be able to combine my love of food and interest in nutrition with my career in publishing. It's just on a volunteer basis at this stage, but could lead to other things. Very exciting.

3 comments:

Raechelle said...

The combining of nutrition and your career sounds very interesting...Good luck with that!

Yeah-I know what you mean about focusing on just the comp-it's hard not to though!

Unknown said...

I'm right there with you on the mood swings, Babe!

Good luck in your new venture. Sounds great!

Splice said...

I hear you in relation to the hormones hunny, gosh that time of the month can really put a dark cloud around your head for a few days and make life challenging to say the least.
The good thing about it is we always come out the other end :-)

I hope your career goes as you hope for it too.

Deb