Thursday, September 18, 2008

Muesli Cravings

By about 4 weeks out from comp I'm usually down to no dairy and 1 serve of fruit per day, and I often start craving muesli and yoghurt. And that's usually one of the first things I eat afterwards...


That's me on the left, digging into my muesli and yoghurt after my first show

I know now that eating conventional muesli is not such a great idea for me, as the wheat and dried fruit mean that I find it hard to stop at one bowlful.

This comp prep, things are different. On Sunday for breakfast, at 3 weeks out, I had yoghurt, apple and berries, along with quinoa, protein powder, cinnamon and hazelnuts, made into a lovely gluten-free, bircher-style muesli.


I liked it so much I had it again yesterday. I'm eating it preparing for a comp, and I'll be eating it after comp. No more muesli cravings for me, and it doesn't send me 'off the planet'.

5 comments:

Kek said...

YUM! I am trying this.... I made that lemon quinoa recipe the other day and it was delicious.

Kek said...

YUM - thanks Charlotte, I'm trying this one!

I made the lemon quinoa recipe the other day and it was delicious. :p

sarahz said...

Hi Charlotte
Just wondering if you could email me the recipe for you quinoa museli. sarahzam@iinet.net.au

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!
I have the exact same cravings and struggle when i try to have a small portion as part of normal meal plan. I'm excited at the thought of craving this good healthy food rather than junk too. Did I say thankyou already? :)

Steph D

Kek said...

Opps, didn't mean to post twice...stoopid Blogger gave me an error message the first time.