Sunday, September 28, 2008

More Fun with Quinoa

I've been enjoying sweet potato for my starchy carbs lately, but this morning I felt like having quinoa. But since I'm not having protein powder at the moment, I didn't want to have a bowl of quinoa on its own (a bit bland). So then I started thinking about a quinoa pancake with egg whites (I'm not having dairy at the moment either). But I couldn't be bothered with the mess of flipping it in a pan. And then I remembered our omelette maker...

Voila!
Quinoa and blueberry 'omcakes'


6 egg whites
1/3 cup quinoa flakes
1 tsp xylitol
cinnamon
vanilla
frozen blueberries

They almost look like blueberry muffins!

3 comments:

Tara said...

you are so creative with your food Charlotte, I would love to have some of your creative flair in the kitchen!!

Hope that your final week is a fantastic one!!

Can't wait to see piccies from this weekend.

Tara xx

Kek said...

I'd say they look more like friands - and it sounds posher. :o)

Great idea - I'm getting me an omelette maker now!

ss2306 said...

I've come to the conclusion that quinoa & protein powder is just nowhere near as good as oats and powder but have a couple of kilos of quinoa in the cupboard so have been having chilli beef mince, quinoa, broccoli, asparagus and english spinach for breaky and LOVE IT!

Have a great final week Charlotte. Am thinking of you. Can't wait to see you this weekend.