Friday, September 12, 2008

Change of Routine

I admit it. I'm addicted to the internet. I spend far too much time surfing when I should be working, spending time with loved ones, or cleaning our pigsty of a house. But as much as I enjoy using the internet to discover new stuff, sometimes it's just information overload and it's hard for my brain to switch off, especially in the evenings.

The last two days I have finished work (I work from home), switched my computer off, gone to the gym, come home to shower and eat, watch TV for an hour and then gone to bed. I feel so much more relaxed doing this, as my head isn't buzzing with all the things from the computer. TV isn't really a great substitute, but it will do until I get some more books to read.

Am looking forward to training back tonight, coming home to eat, then having an Epsom salt bath and going to bed. Exciting Friday night, huh?!

Have a great weekend everyone (and Happy Birthday Liz!)

4 comments:

Kek said...

Me too - spending too much time online, I mean. I've made an effort the past couple of months to turn off and go watch TV with the kids, and it does make a difference.

LizN said...

Thanks Charlotte,

I know what you mean about the internet. I've really missed it since I've gone back to work.

xox

Kek said...

Sometimes addictions are a GOOD thing....I've been finding some treasures amongst recipe sites. I thought of you when I came across this:

http://eggsonsunday.wordpress.com/2008/04/30/lemon-scented-quinoa-with-asparagus/

I am SO making it tomorrow!

Charlotte Orr said...

Thanks Kek!