Sunday, September 7, 2008

4 weeks to go

I haven't had enough sleep this week. I was up late at the start of the week trying to get some work done, then it all caught up on me on Friday. Was planning to go to the gym in the evening but my quick nap turned into a four-hour snooze! Woke up at 9pm (when the gym closes) so ended up watching a movie on the couch with Rob. Haven't done that for ages, so felt very relaxed but of course it was late (early a.m.) by the time I got to sleep as I napped for so long. This morning I was up at 4.45am to see Rob off to the airport. He is flying back to NZ to be with his dad, who is is having a heart valve operation tomorrow. Bit of a stressful time for him as the last time his dad had a similar operation he had to be resucitated several times. So he's hoping it goes better this time.

TJ (our dog) and I are enjoying our walks. We are doing about 45 minutes to an hour each day. I even get a bit of an upper-body workout in sometimes when the 45kg beast decides to haul his 55kg 'mother' over to investigate something. We were out early this morning and it was lovely to hear the kookaburras laughing away. Have mostly been walking in the morning then training in the early evening this week. I am familiar with my new program now and am trying to push the weight/reps up for each exercise, though some days are better than others. Yesterday was frustrating. There is only one set of 1.25kg plates in the gym, and I like to use them to put my bench press and BB bicep curl weights up or down in small increments. I could only find one of the plates yesterday, so had to jump up or down in bigger amounts, making it harder to hit the number of reps I wanted. Weights have been followed up by about 30 minutes of cardio. Then home to eat my quinoa and berries - yum!

Enjoyed the variety of meat I got from the markets last week, especially the venison. Yesterday I got my organic fruit and vege from the markets instead of having it delivered. Since there is just me at home this week, I thought it would be nice to go and choose a few things for myself. I found some asparagus and broccolini, two of my favourite veges, so was happy about that.

Weight was pretty stagnant for most of the week, so have dropped down another 100 cals in the last couple of days, to average about 1500 cals. Some days are higher than this (1700), some days are lower (1300). This time last year I was on about 1350-1450 cals consistently so it's nice to be eating a bit more, and to have some higher cal days to balance out the lower ones.

Have been drinking more water the last few days too. Probably about 5 or 6 litres a day, which is a lot for me.

Not long to go now!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Hi Charlotte, I hope that your Father-in-law's operation goes nice and smoothly for him this time.

As far as comp prep goes, you sound like you are in such a good place. sucks about not being able to find plates when u want them hey, but on the other hand going up a bit and still doing the reps, is fantastic!!

Have a wonderful week.

Tara xx

RaeC said...

Hi honey,

I hope your father-in-law pulls through with flying colours.

Only four weeks to go... how exciting!! Keep up the great work sweetie xxx

Splice said...

Hey Charlotte, I can't find your "follower" widget so I can be added to yours :-)