Saturday, August 30, 2008

5 weeks to go

Weight: 55.4kg. Still just creeping down slowly, though I have seen a big change in definition this week. Hubby commented that my hips are getting smaller.

Food: last week I tried to tighten things up by 50 cals a day (from 1700 to 1650 on average) but then had a very hungry weekend so cals blew out a bit (although eating was all clean). This week I've dropped down to around 1600 on average, and have also experimented with taking my Surge out after training to replace with a whole food meal.

Today's breakfast was a real winner for me. I love bircher muesli and decided to try making some with quinoa flakes instead of oats. It came out surprisingly well (and kept me full for ages) so will definitely be having it again.

I went to Queen Vic markets yesterday and picked up lots of fresh seafood (prawns, salmon, tuna and a couple of other kinds of fish), plus some kangaroo, venison and turkey, so that should keep us going for a while. I like getting my turkey from the market as they mince it for you right there. I can never understand why Safeway adds oil to their turkey mince. Puts me off buying it. Today for lunch I made turkey patties with grated apple, onion and sage in them - yum!

Training: OMG! New program is great but boy do I have DOMS. Trained legs today and they were still a bit sore from my previous workout on Tuesday.

Cardio: walking every day, plus cardio (intervals/incline walking) after training. Am enjoying this too - love my walking.

Sleep/recovery: not so much in the way of formal recovery for me this week, but have been trying to take little moments to chill out when I can: yoga stretches and a couple of minutes in the 'corpse' pose at the end of my workouts; taking the dog for a walk in the beautiful weather yesterday; finding a sunny spot to relax and eat my snack while shopping in town; having a coffee and reading the paper at a cafe. I have been in a weird mood most of the week, so taking these little moments has been helping me stay sane.

Supplements: am loving my acai. I've been taking it first thing in the morning and I'm sure it helps me wake up.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks!

Wow, 55kg sounds tiny! You're looking great!! Good luck

Melanie said...

Oh, and yes I've checked out Lisas blog- I've actually seen her compete a few times aswell (my partner is a PLer and they've competed at a few of the same comps!)