Saturday, August 9, 2008

8 weeks to go

Weight: 56kg (goal weight 51kg).

Food: Did three low carb days on Wed, Thu and Fri, and needed a high carb day by Sat. We went to a friend's place for a birthday meal on Saturday night. I took my own food but someone had made some beef stew (organic, gluten-free) and I couldn't resist a slice of lemon meringue pie, so I decided that would be my treat for the week.

Cardio: Still did six cardio sessions this week, but they were a bit more intense. On my two non-weight training days (Wednesday and Thursday) I had 'bootcamp boogie' and 'elliptical, upper and core', which involved jumping off the elliptical to do 'fun' things like burpees with push ups.

So between the food and the cardio (and doing low carb on the cardio-only days) I dropped about 800g this week.

Sleep/recovery: Went to the Australian College of Sports Therapy on Tuesday. Had work done on my left shoulder and traps, which felt great. Will be going back again next week. Sleep was good at the start of the week, but I noticed I didn't sleep as well on my low-carb days (took longer to get to sleep/woke up earlier). Will see if the same thing happens this week.

To do this week: start practising routine!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Hiya Charlotte, I am notice a difference on my low-carb days too. Not quite with it like I usually am. Definite drop in strength and motivation too, oh and yes sleep is affected also. Hoping it settles down as my body gets used to it.

You sound like you are going really well with everything. Not long now hey!!

Tara xx

Claudine said...

Looking good my dear!
I am very close to my goal too :)

I'm at 133 lbs, need to be 125 lbs in 8 weeks :P Wooowooo!!!

We're gonna rock! :P

Ursula Beck said...

Hi babe, hope all is well, are you doing Vic Title? I'll be there watching and helping backstage if you need a hand xxx