Saturday, August 2, 2008

9 weeks to go

Weight: 56.8kg (goal weight 51kg).

Food: am dropping carbs a little more to focus on fat loss, throwing in a high carb day when I feel I need one - a 'journey of discovery' as Liz calls it.

Training: split at the moment is legs; back and shoulders; chest and arms. Had a great leg workout this morning courtesy of the the treat I had last night (sticky date pudding with vanilla ice cream - yum!). I was also on a time limit as I wanted to get to the butcher before it closed, so managed to keep the intensity high and rest periods short. I was happy with my Bulgarian split squats - did them with a 7.5kg db last time and wanted to go up to 9kg but couldn't find it today. Thought I would try the 10kg and managed to get through all 3 sets with it. I was pretty pooped by the end of the workout and struggled to get through my rolling ab planks. Was supposed to do a 45-minute walk outside today too but the weather was crap so ended up doing it on the treadmill instead.

Cardio: have been doing some after each workout (4 x per week), plus a couple of other sessions on days off from weights (one high intensity, one lower intensity).

Supplements:
BCAAs
glutamine
glycine
protein and carb recovery drink (currently using Surge)
creatine
fish oil
pea protein
Vital Greens
ZMA
vitamin E
multi/vitamin B
vitamin C (if I feel I need it)
dairy digest (if I feel I need it)

Sleep/recovery: sleeping really well at the moment. Am hoping to get a massage on Tuesday afternoon so am looking forward to that.

To do this week: start practising routine

2 comments:

Kek said...

I know, I know...9 weeks to go! Where did the last 3 weeks get to?

Nice work on the Bulgarian split squats. Those are KILLERS.

Anonymous said...

SHIT i need to put that on my list of things to do!!! FRICKEN POSING!!!