Sunday, August 24, 2008

6 weeks to go

Weight: 55.7kg. Still not a lot of movement on the scales, but my bodyfat is decreasing and my strength keeps going up in the gym. I'm at that stage where some days I'm really happy with how I'm looking and other days I'm not. It really depends on the mirrors I look in (I like the ones at the gym much better than the ones at home - better lighting) and what I've eaten the day before. Rob mentioned that this is the best I've looked six weeks out from a comp and my mood is great too (not irritable like I have been in the past).

Food: am learning to manipulate my food intake to get what my body needs. Have been craving veges lately so on my lowest carb days I'm trying to have oils rather than nuts for fats, as they don't contain carbs and I can then eat more veges. Was happy with my high carb day this week as it was full of lots of low GI choices outside the workout period:

Meal 1: Pancakes (quinoa flakes, cottage cheese, egg whites), blueberries, goat yoghurt, agave syrup

Meal 2: Surge (during and after training)

Meal 3: Thai turkey patty, sweet potato, spinach

Meal 4: Morrocan chicken (sundried tomatoes, brown rice), apple

Meal 5: Green tacos (chicken, beans, veggies wrapped in lettuce leaves)

I do find I start to crave fat again by the end of a high carb, low fat day though.

Training: am getting a new program next week, so am looking forward to seeing what it contains.

Sleep/recovery: Have gotten some sort of recovery in most days this week, with a massage on Tuesday, sauna on Wednesday, and naps on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. My naps have gotten longer each day. Have been feeling pretty tired this weekend but think I am trying to fight off the cold that hubby nearly came down with midweek.

Supplements: have added acai (powder) to my diet. I've been meaning to try it for a while, but since my gene test recommends I get proper levels of antioxidants to help compensate for free radical build up (and a 5g serve of the powder is supposed to contain the same level of antioxidants as over 400 blueberries) I finally decided to give it a go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic and very encouraging Char to be doing better (or in your mind and memory) than ever before-im still getting a bit grumpy but thats only due to me letting things in blog upset me:) i also need to learn how to conquer cravings without getting grumpy. Im very proud of you-when will we see new pics? love jewel

Claudine said...

I guess experience has a lot to do with the way we feel right now... and thank God for that! ahaah xxx